Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Log Lake in Kalkaska

If you are looking for a great beach in Kalkaska County can I suggest Log Lake.  It has a wonderful sandy beach perfect for skim boards...which my kids have not figured out how to ride yet.  But with those boards you cannot have the rocky beaches found so often in Northern Michigan.

Log Lake is a public no-wake lake that has a park and picnic area and there is also a camp ground right next to the beach if you are looking for a place to camp.  I was told there is great fishing there.  My son in this photo went snorkling and said he saw a huge school of fish.  I bought him a disposable underwater camera so maybe in the next blog I will have a photo of some of those fish.  For more information on what is going on in Kalkaska there is a great link I found: http://www.visitkalkaska.com/LogLake.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment